- i package Shrimp / your choice flavour Ramen soup
- 1/16 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t curry powder
- 1/4 t fish oil (opt)
- 1/8 t garlic flakes
- 1/4 t ginger
- 1/8 t mint
- 1/4 t onion flakes
- 1/4 t sesame seeds
- 1/8 t tarragon
- 1/2 t tomato sauce (opt)
- 1/16 t tumeric
- 6 or so slices of cucumber, quartered
- 1/2 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1/4 bu parsley, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 handful mixed salad greens
- Crumble noodles, into bowl.
- Mix noodle flavour packet, dry herbs, spices, dried vegs, noodles.
- Add salad greens, mix again.
- Add boiling water to cover, stir, let it cook.
- When salad greens are just slightly tender, it's ready.
- Drain excess liquid, set aside.
- Add fresh vegs, toss lightly.
- Decorate with soy sauce, sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy).
- Serve cold, with sourdough bread, Thai tea.
Continuing my experimentation, I observed that ramen noodles do not always require boiling water. Given enough soaking, 15 minutes of soaking in cold water will produce chewy ("al dente") noodles - and a tasty meal.
The longer you soak the noodles, the more water is absorbed - and the less to be drained and set aside.
The idea of adding enough water ("to cover") simply ensures that the noodles on the top get the chance to soften. Water temperature may or may not be important. YMMV.