Jalapeno slices added, as a garnish. What can you do, to photo rice, after all?
- 2 C rice
- 4 1/2 C water (4 C for the rice, 1/2 C for the onion flakes)
- 2 t bouillon
- 1/2 t curry powder
- 1/2 t ginger
- 1 T mint
- 1 T sesame seed
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 T onion flakes
- Start with rice, in water.
- Bring water to boil, stir frequently.
- Add bouillon, spices, garlic, onion.
- Reduce to simmer, cover.
- Stir occasionally.
- When all of the water is absorbed by the rice, and the rice barely sticks to the spoon, stir once more, cover, and turn heat off.
- Let rice finish cooking, and cool.
- Serve topped with a bit of salsa (Herdez is my fave), sourdough bread, and lemonade.
A variant of this dish is prepared Basmati style.