13 oz (1 can) evaporated milk
1/4 t salt
1 1/2 C sugar
12 oz chocolate chips
3 C miniature / 24 full size marshmallows
1 C chopped nuts - pecans / walnuts
1 t vanilla
- Combine butter, milk, salt, and sugar in a 3 quart casserole or mixing bowl. Loosely cover with lid or plastic wrap.
- Microwave on High (100%) for 3 to 4 minutes, or until boiling. Uncover.
- Microwave on High (100%) for 12 to 20 minutes (depending upon power of oven), testing every 2 or 3 minutes, looking for soft ball stage.
- When soft ball stage is reached, stir in additional ingredients, until cholcolate and marshmallows melts evenly.
- Pour mixture into a well greased baking dish, 12" x 7' x 2" size or thereabouts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours (at least) or overnight (best results).